couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Tim Daly <timothydd...@yahoo.com>
Subject Question about multiple query parameters
Date Tue, 24 Apr 2012 16:04:10 GMT
I have a view that emits values like this:
emit([doc.TYPE, doc.DATE, doc.AUTHOR], doc);

I want to be able to execute the following queries:
1) Get all of a certain type, within a date range, with the author "bob" (sorted by date)
2) Get all of a certain type, within a date range, with any author (sorted by date)

I believe the date must come before the author to keep the date sorting first, correct?
I am having trouble getting this to work?  Can you search on two ranges?  I believe the
answer is "not directly".  How do I achieve this?  I guess you can't even search for "bob"
after the range either because its the third parameter.  Also if it makes any difference
I am doing everything through Ektorp.

Thanks for any help!!!