couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Martin Hewitt <mar...@thenoi.se>
Subject Re: Best practice for backing up CouchDB
Date Thu, 05 Apr 2012 15:29:34 GMT
Hi Matthieu,

We could, and, indeed, we do. Our primary backup strategy is the fact we run a cluster of
BigCouch machines, geographically dispersed, to hopefully guard against physical incursions,
datacentre outages and connectivity issues.

This question was borne from a specific client request that we incrementally send them a snapshot
of their databases. Quite why they want this, I have no idea, but battles must be picked carefully,
so here I am!

Martin