couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Андрей Няхайчык <niakhaic...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Documentation issue
Date Fri, 02 Mar 2012 13:06:57 GMT
Robert,

My username is *AndreyNiakhaichyk*.

I understand that _purge is not recommended operation because it may break
replication integrity.

Let me explain why I think we need add such article:
I'm using CouchDB for session storage (I have to, I don't have choice).
Finally I've found if you create 1 million documents then delete them and
them compact DB, you will see that size of DB file will be around 100 Mib.
And the worst thing that a map function will take a care such deleted
records when it recalculates indexes. And even if you don't use indexes,
PUT and DELETE operations will be much slower than usual.

And I've found that only _purge can solve that problem, which is not
described in Apache CouchDB wiki.

Andrey.