couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Jason Smith <...@iriscouch.com>
Subject Re: Replication but missing Documents
Date Thu, 22 Mar 2012 05:12:09 GMT
Hi, Sam. Two thoughts:

1. Confirm whether you have a .validate_doc_update function in any
design documents (_design/*) anywhere in the databases.
2. Query both data sets: _all_docs and save the output to two files.
Diff the two files and investigate the output (or share it to the
community). Do the missing documents give any clue about why that
might be so?

Good luck!

On Thu, Mar 22, 2012 at 3:25 AM, Sam Wen <Sam.Wen@uts.edu.au> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Our production version is 1.1.0 with "417876  documents" on it and we built 2 brand
new servers with 1.1.1

> There are 2 ways to migrate the data,
> 1) Just copy the db files from the OS to another one. The "number of documents" on the
new server will match the old one.
> 2) Replication between old couchdb and new couchdb, The "number of documents" on the
new server always hundreds less then the old one. No matter pull or push replication.

> Replication between 2 new servers A and B ( A server with copied db files) also can't
match the "number of documents" with each other.

> Do anyone has similar issue or how can I investigate? There is no any error report for
the replication.

> Best Regards
>
> Sam Wen
> System Administrator
> Faculty of Engineering and IT
> University of Technology, Sydney
> PH: 9514 2374
> Em: sam.wen@uts.edu.au
>
> UTS CRICOS Provider Code: 00099F
> DISCLAIMER: This email message and any accompanying attachments may contain confidential
information.
> If you are not the intended recipient, do not read, use, disseminate, distribute or copy
this message or
> attachments. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately
and delete
> this message. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender,
except where the
> sender expressly, and with authority, states them to be the views of the University of
Technology Sydney.
> Before opening any attachments, please check them for viruses and defects.
>
> Think. Green. Do.

Iris Couch