couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Matthieu Rakotojaona <matthieu.rakotoja...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Creating a database with lots of documents and updating a view
Date Wed, 14 Mar 2012 23:13:57 GMT
On Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 10:19 PM, Christopher Sebastian
<csebastian3@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am also new to couchdb, but I don't believe the information from Matthieu
> Rakotojaona is correct.  It is my understanding that pretty much everything
> in CouchDB (including views) uses incremental updates.  So adding new
> documents to the database does NOT cause all view leaves to be traversed --
> the view is updated incrementally.
>
> Is this correct?
>
> ~Christopher Sebastian

I might have spoken a little bit too fast. Indeed when you add new
documents, they are automatically passed (or rather they will be when
the next query comes) to the map function, which doesn't traverse the
already indexed db.

But when (and if) you have a reduce function, all the intermediary
rereduce results will have to be updated, right ?

--
Matthieu RAKOTOJAONA