couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Sam Bisbee <...@sbisbee.com>
Subject Re: version control for documents?
Date Thu, 22 Mar 2012 18:52:51 GMT
Hi Miles,

Here is a tool that I built that does just that:
https://github.com/sbisbee/couchdb-history

The basic idea is that there is a _changes listener that grabs each
new revision of a document and stores it as its own document in a
different database with a deterministic _id.

I wrote it last year and haven't touched it since or run it in
production. It could use some TLC and I'm not sure whether PHP was the
best language of choice. If I had my druthers I'd likely rewrite it in
node, especially since Sag is now available in JS form.

Cheers,

--
Sam Bisbee