couchdb-user mailing list archives

From CGS <cgsmcml...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Creating a database with lots of documents and updating a view
Date Wed, 14 Mar 2012 23:41:37 GMT
Hi,

Sorry for interfering, Daniel, but do you really need all those documents
in a single database? I mean is it mandatory to have them there? Because if
not, one can split that 3M database in 10 - 100 smaller databases, each
with its own view, and concatenate the result after that (if you cannot use
pagination, otherwise, instruct your view to take only a certain number of
results per displayed page) using JS or whatever else if you have an
application which needs that result. In this way you can have a certain
level of parallelism which may speed the overall process.

Just a 2c idea.

CGS