couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Dave Cottlehuber <d...@muse.net.nz>
Subject Re: automatic installation on windows
Date Tue, 20 Mar 2012 09:32:56 GMT
On 20 March 2012 09:58, Dave Cottlehuber <dave@muse.net.nz> wrote:
> On 20 March 2012 07:53, Zekeriya KOÇ <zekzekus@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> At work we are planning to use couchdb and it's superior replication
>> features with our point of sales software. there will be 200 clients
>> replicating data from/to a central couchdb. We will use couchdb on a linux
>> box at data center but i have no choice on clients but ms windows.
>
> Great! While the performance is not as good as on linux, functionally it should
> be the same.
>
>> we are testing with this[1] installer and there is no problem. But we need
>> to make the installation process automatic so we can install couchdbs on
>> 200 remote windows machines. we may want to customize some steps of
>> installation (like changing some values at local.ini), we may need to do
>> installation via batch script with something like "silent" option etc.
>
> It's an inno installer so all their parameters work OOB [4],[5]. You could
> easily deploy this with GPOs.
>
>> so what about the source code of the installer that mentioned[1]? can we
>> reach it? modify it? or are there a binary package for windows that can be
>> used with just extracting the zip archive?

For 1.1.1 I updated the slimming [9] and you could easily repackage
that as an sfx.exe. Make sure (for this 1.1.1 build) to include [10] as it is
compiled against this vcredist specifically, no other will work.

[9]: https://github.com/downloads/dch/couchdb/couchdb-1.1.1_js185_otp_R14B03+fix-win32-crypto_slim.7z
[10]: http://download.microsoft.com/download/5/D/8/5D8C65CB-C849-4025-8E95-C3966CAFD8AE/vcredist_x86.exe

A+
Dave