couchdb-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Karoly Szanto <szanto.kar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Bad utf8 character code error
Date Mon, 26 Mar 2012 17:40:02 GMT
Hi. No worries :)
But where can I find the files for the latest release? How can I upgrade to
the latest release?

/Karcsi

On Mon, Mar 26, 2012 at 6:20 PM, Marty Schoch <marty.schoch@gmail.com>wrote:

> Sorry for the delayed response.  The current version is
> 1.2.0a-573eba5-git.  The version you have appears to be the previous
> release.  Could you upgrade to the latest version and see if you
> experience the same problem?
>
> marty
>
> On Wed, Mar 21, 2012 at 12:44 PM, Karoly Szanto <szanto.karoly@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > The Android couchbase version in use, should be the latest
> >
> > "version":"1.2.0a-7b47329-git"
> >
> >
> > /Karcsi
> >
> >
> > On Mon, Mar 19, 2012 at 3:06 PM, Marty Schoch <marty.schoch@gmail.com
> >wrote:
> >
> >> Can you check which version of Couchbase Mobile for Android is in use?
> >>  We found/resolved an issue with the replicator in December.
> >>
> >> http://www.couchbase.com/issues/browse/CBMA-22
> >>
> >> If I remember correctly, the "bad_utf8_character_code" is a red
> >> herring caused by us logging some binary attachment data.  The fix for
> >> this bug was included in the latest release.
> >>
> >> marty
> >>
> >> On Mon, Mar 19, 2012 at 5:29 AM, Karoly Szanto <szanto.karoly@gmail.com
> >
> >> wrote:
> >> > Hi Paul,
> >> > Thanks for the fast reply.
> >> >
> >> > I am replicating from couchDB instances running on Android phones
> towards
> >> > the server (and the other way around). The couchDB for Android is
> >> > https://github.com/couchbase/Android-Couchbase  which is probably
> based
> >> on
> >> > a different (older) version of couchDB.
> >> >
> >> > The sever is running *version:"1.1.1"*
> >> > *
> >> > *
> >> > Karoly
> >> >
> >> > On Mon, Mar 19, 2012 at 10:21 AM, Paul Davis <
> >> paul.joseph.davis@gmail.com>wrote:
> >> >
> >> >> Are you replicating between different versions of CouchDB? My first
> >> >> guess is that you've replicating older to newer and its hitting a
> >> >> stricter enforcement of Unicode semantics in surrogate pairs.
> >> >>
> >> >> On Mon, Mar 19, 2012 at 3:04 AM, Karoly Szanto <
> szanto.karoly@gmail.com
> >> >
> >> >> wrote:
> >> >> > Hi,
> >> >> > During the replication proces I get the following error in the
> couchdb
> >> >> > server log:
> >> >> >
> >> >> >                       {<0.13261.0>,crash_report,
> >> >> >                        [[{initial_call,
> >> >> >                           {mochiweb_acceptor,init,
> >> >> >
> >>  ['Argument__1','Argument__2','Argument__3']}},
> >> >> >                          {pid,<0.13261.0>},
> >> >> >                          {registered_name,[]},
> >> >> >                          {error_info,
> >> >> >                           {exit,
> >> >> >                            {ucs,{bad_utf8_character_code}},
> >> >> >                            [{xmerl_ucs,from_utf8,1},
> >> >> >                             {mochijson2,json_encode_string,2},
> >> >> >
> >> >> >  {mochijson2,'-json_encode_proplist/2-fun-0-',3},
> >> >> >                             {lists,foldl,3},
> >> >> >                             {mochijson2,json_encode_proplist,2},
> >> >> >                             {couch_httpd,send_json,4},
> >> >> >                             {couch_httpd,handle_request_int,5},
> >> >> >                             {mochiweb_http,headers,5}]}},
> >> >> >                          {ancestors,
> >> >> >
> >> >> [https,couch_secondary_services,couch_server_sup,
> >> >> >                            <0.35.0>]},
> >> >> >                          {messages,
> >> >> >                           [{#Ref<0.0.8.97038>,
> >> >> >                             {ok,
> >> >> >                              {proc,<0.7774.0>,<<"javascript">>,
> >> >> >                               [{<<"_design/monarcaserver">>,
> >> >> >
> >> >> >  <<"469-a002d8a3c537c48875b315164d8eadb6">>}],
> >> >> >                               {couch_os_process,prompt},
> >> >> >                               {couch_os_process,set_timeout},
> >> >> >                               {couch_os_process,stop}},
> >> >> >                              {[{<<"reduce_limit">>,true},
> >> >> >                                {<<"timeout">>,30000}]}}}]},
> >> >> >                          {links,[<0.136.0>]},
> >> >> >                          {dictionary,
> >> >> >                           [{mochiweb_request_body,<<>>},
> >> >> >                            {mochiweb_request_qs,
> >> >> >                             [{"filter","monarcaserver/userfilter"},
> >> >> >                              {"userid","70"},
> >> >> >                              {"feed","continuous"},
> >> >> >                              {"heartbeat","10000"},
> >> >> >                              {"style","all_docs"},
> >> >> >                              {"since","0"}]},
> >> >> >                            {jsonp,no_jsonp},
> >> >> >                            {mochiweb_request_cookie,[]}]},
> >> >> >                          {trap_exit,false},
> >> >> >                          {status,running},
> >> >> >                          {heap_size,4108475},
> >> >> >                          {stack_size,24},
> >> >> >                          {reductions,5319640}],
> >> >> >                         []]}}
> >> >> >
> >> >> > My first guess is that this might be solved by specifying the
> charset
> >> in
> >> >> > the replication header but I'd like to know your opinion as well.
> >> >> >
> >> >> > Thank you,
> >> >> > Karoly
> >> >>
> >>
>

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message