couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Zekeriya KOÇ <zekze...@gmail.com>
Subject automatic installation on windows
Date Tue, 20 Mar 2012 06:53:36 GMT
Hi,

At work we are planning to use couchdb and it's superior replication
features with our point of sales software. there will be 200 clients
replicating data from/to a central couchdb. We will use couchdb on a linux
box at data center but i have no choice on clients but ms windows.

we are testing with this[1] installer and there is no problem. But we need
to make the installation process automatic so we can install couchdbs on
200 remote windows machines. we may want to customize some steps of
installation (like changing some values at local.ini), we may need to do
installation via batch script with something like "silent" option etc.

so what about the source code of the installer that mentioned[1]? can we
reach it? modify it? or are there a binary package for windows that can be
used with just extracting the zip archive?

Reg.

[1]:  http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Installing_on_Windows

--
Zekeriya "zekUs" KOÇ