couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Matthew Woodward <m...@mattwoodward.com>
Subject Re: Issue Creating Users
Date Sat, 17 Mar 2012 14:41:00 GMT
On Sat, Mar 17, 2012 at 6:47 AM, Robert Newson <rnewson@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> BigCouch's _users db is on port 5986 so that every node has a full
> local copy (so that authentication is a local operation). An update to
> the _users db will trigger replication to all the other nodes, so you
> only need to add the user once.
>
> B.

Ah-ha--I think that was the missing piece.

So I *think* what I have to do in my case based on some experimentation
with this on a clean VM is:

* delete existing _users database (it was created via port 5984)
* create new _users database on port 5986
* re-create user accounts

On the clean VM I was messing with this morning nuking the _users database
didn't cause any issues but is there anything I should be aware of with
that process?

Thanks for clarifying!

--
Matthew Woodward
matt@mattwoodward.com

Please do not send me proprietary file formats such as Word, PowerPoint,
etc. as attachments.