couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Jay Zamboni <jzamb...@vretina.com>
Subject Re: Mobile sync use cases
Date Fri, 16 Mar 2012 19:42:48 GMT
Hello Chris, thanks for asking.

> Are you interested in a solution that bridges big data on the server,
> with user-level subsets on the phone?

Yes

> Is there a collaborative aspect to your data? Will disconnected users
> potentially be working on the same data and generating conflicting
> edits?

Yes

The big data with user-level subsets is our typical usage, but our
users subsets will often overlap.  So while our users can only see
some data, it does not mean they are the only ones who can see and
change that data.

Our concerns with replication in this situation are mostly security.
Either a record level security or a way to secure server replication
so that it requires the use of a filter and have the filter able to
perform a security check, would be great for us.

Jay