couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Robert Newson <rnew...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Cycling log files
Date Tue, 27 Mar 2012 11:44:53 GMT
CouchDB builds a logrotate script already, of the form;

/usr/local/var/log/couchdb/*.log {
       weekly
       rotate 10
       copytruncate
       delaycompress
       compress
       notifempty
       missingok
}

The actual path varies based on your install dir, of course. The
'copytruncate' option is the most important as couchdb  keeps the log
file open at all times.

B.

On 27 March 2012 12:38, Jonathan Williamson <jon@netcopy.co.uk> wrote:
> No problem. CentOS uses logrotate as well I think, that will
> definitely sort you out.
>
> On Tue, Mar 27, 2012 at 12:35 PM, Martin Hewitt <martin@thenoi.se> wrote:
>> Ah, thanks Jon, that looks useful. I'm on CentOS, but I wasn't sure if there was
something built-in to CouchDB to do this.