couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Robert Newson <rnew...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Documentation issue
Date Sat, 03 Mar 2012 17:26:42 GMT
The feature is now documented and describes when its use is
appropriate and inappropriate. I don't consider it a big problem that
it remained undocumented for so long because the valid use case for it
is very narrow (and does not include Andrey's use case).

B.

On 3 March 2012 14:54, Mike Coolin <mcoolin@techie.com> wrote:
> So don't improve the documentation such as it is, read the tests?
>
>  I think Andrey has a point. Tests are not documentation, they are guardrails and samples.
>
>  Cheers Mike

documented. That means this was not well tested. I'd contest that notion, there's been automatic
tests for _purge ever since the feature landed. Cheers Jan -- > > Thanks. >> To
me it seems exactly the same, but I'm not an expert. >> >> On Fri, Mar 2, 2012
at 3:39 PM, Robert Newson<rnewson@apache.org> wrote: >> >>> I said 'better'
not 'good'. :) >>> >>> On 2 March 2012 20:20, Mark Hahn<mark@hahnca.com>
wrote: >>>>> A better solution is to periodically switch to a new database
and then >>>> delete the old one (when those sessions are ended). >>>>