couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Robert Newson <rnew...@apache.org>
Subject Re: CouchDB, linux & clean shutdowns
Date Sun, 25 Mar 2012 16:48:16 GMT
master is (will be) 1.3. If you build from the 1.2.x branch couchdb
will report '1.2.0', so I suspect you didn't build what you thought
you did. Make sure you ./bootstrap && ./configure before you make.

B.

On 25 March 2012 17:41, Martin Hewitt <martin@thenoi.se> wrote:
> Hi Robert,
>
> I've just built the 1.2.x branch of the CouchDB git repo, and I'm getting the following
version line:

> {"couchdb":"Welcome","version":"1.3.0a-394a08a-git","vendor":{"version":"1.3.0a-394a08a-git","name":"The
Apache Software Foundation"}}

> Should I be building from master?
>
> Martin
>
> On 25 Mar 2012, at 17:30, Robert Newson wrote:
>
>> Since you're following 1.2.x already, I suggest building the latest
>> 1.2.0 artifact that we're currently voting on. It at least will not
>> delete views if it encounters an error, and it also logs those errors,
>> so we'll have something more to go on if it recurs.
>>
>> B.
>>
>> On 25 March 2012 16:32, Martin Hewitt <martin@thenoi.se> wrote:
>>> Ooh, didn't spot that there was a fix, so that'd be without the fix.
>>>
>>> Martin

have started to rebuild from scratch.

the view as it would be before the server was restarted, i.e. the view still exists as calculated
before the server was restarted and the rebuild began, but the _utils/status.html page shows
all views as rebuilding from scratch.

it, would produce a stack trace and not the view. Restarting the CouchDB instance restored
the view to working order.

continual problem with this view that led us to take the "nuclear option" and restart.

It might be

Schinstad
way to shutdown CouchDB. It's designed

-H "Content-Type: application/json"

<martin@thenoi.se> wrote:
> [...]
source some time back.

a little out of dated. By
to git not so far a long
of 1.2.x branch?

curious as to whether there was something I could try before rebuilding the server.

(But I'm not 100%