couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Robert Newson <rnew...@apache.org>
Subject Re: CouchDB, linux & clean shutdowns
Date Tue, 20 Mar 2012 14:20:36 GMT
Also we don't fsync views at all, so if you built the view and then
killed couchdb very quickly, the data didn't reach the platters.

I'll note that you really, *really*, want to set delayed_commits to
false if using couchdb in production. This strongly guarantees that
your database updates are preserved in the event of a crash.

B.

On 20 March 2012 13:51, Jason Smith <jhs@iriscouch.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 20, 2012 at 1:38 PM, Martin Hewitt <martin@thenoi.se> wrote:
>> Hi Alexander,
>>
>> On 20 Mar 2012, at 13:23, Alexander Shorin wrote:

>>> With _admin permissions:
>>> curl -X POST http://localhost:5984/_restart -H "Content-Type: application/json"
>>
>> Excellent, thanks, I'll give this a try.

>>> Looks like subversion revision number and a little out of dated. By
>>> the way, CouchDB repository had been moved to git not so far a long
>>> ago. Have you tried to update to latest head of 1.2.x branch?
>>
>> Yeah, i know it's an old version, I was just curious as to whether there was something
I could try before rebuilding the server.