couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Alexander Gabriel <a...@barbalex.ch>
Subject Re: replication to iriscouch fails
Date Thu, 08 Mar 2012 09:30:29 GMT
oh no. That was it.
Happened because on my notebook i don't have a home key and was copying my
replication path differently. And when I paste it into the field in futon
only the end of it is visible because the text is longer than the field.
I feel rather like trimming my head...
You guys definitely deserve a beer!
Sorry for wasting your time. But thank you for teaching me curl, couch logs
and how to copy text...
Alex

2012/3/8 Jason Smith <jhs@iriscouch.com>

> Look at line 72. Do you have a space in front of the "http://" part?
>
> If so, maybe CouchDB (or Futon) should be trimming these.
>
> On Thu, Mar 8, 2012 at 7:36 AM, Alexander Gabriel <alex@barbalex.ch>
> wrote:
> > o.k., I set log level to debug, then replicated takeout to iriscouch.
> > This gives the same error as when I replicate my own project.
> > I pasted the error here:  https://gist.github.com/1999367
> >
> > Does this give any new clues?
> >
> > I have no experience. From case_clause and illegal database name I would
> > think that "takeout" was illegal which certainly is not so. And the
> > password I use contains only lower- and uppercase letterts and numbers.
> >
> > It couldn't be that futon experiences the same problems with escaping
> json
> > as I do in curl, could it? The "<<\" figures inside json seem a little
> > weird to me but maybe that is the way it has to be?
> >
> > I also chequed in the Country/Region settings of Windows 7 that decimal
> > numbers are spelled with a ".", not with a "," as this could maybe cause
> > problems (don't know if that is so for this case).
> >
> > This is my last try to solve the issue, then I will give up futon and
> only
> > use curl.
> >
> > Alex

> >> type