couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Jonathan Williamson <...@netcopy.co.uk>
Subject Re: Why are reads from CouchDB so slow? (1.5MB/s or thereabouts)
Date Fri, 23 Mar 2012 12:45:53 GMT
Also the result of:

time curl http://localhost:5984/ > /dev/null
real	0m0.011s
user	0m0.000s
sys	0m0.000s

Suggests the overhead to be around 0.01 seconds.

Whereas to fetch a single document (700k in size):

time curl http://localhost:5984/[dbname]/[documentid] > /dev/null
real	0m0.296s
user	0m0.010s
sys	0m0.010s

(Or roughly 2.4MB/s)

--
Jon

Jonathan Williamson
Systems Architect
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
+44 (0) 7843 301 246  mobile
+44 (0) 208 242 6364  switch

www.netcopy.co.uk
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

IMPORTANT NOTICE:
Netcopy Limited is a Company registered in England and Wales under
Company No. 07308350
Registered office: 2 East Common, Harpenden, Herts, AL5 1BJ
The contents of this email (and any attachment):
(1) are confidential and may be legally privileged - if it is not
meant for you, please tell the sender, do not forward or copy the
contents and delete it from your system immediately;
(2) come from its author and may not necessarily reflect the opinions
of Netcopy Ltd.
While emails and attachments are virus checked, we cannot accept any
liability in respect of any viruses.
We may monitor emails sent to Netcopy.
Want to know more about Netcopy?
Visit our website: www.netcopy.co.uk