couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Jonathan Williamson <...@netcopy.co.uk>
Subject Re: Why are reads from CouchDB so slow? (1.5MB/s or thereabouts)
Date Fri, 23 Mar 2012 11:41:36 GMT
As I'm requesting the documents in the exact format I submitted them
(with no transformations or extra information) I'd expect something
not far off a static file request from Nginx. As far as I can tell the
.couch files aren't compressed (though that wouldn't cause such slow
performance on an i5 anyway) and appear to contain the original
documents almost "as is".

The other side effect is that while fetching the documents the CPU
usages rises to 100% which suggests, I guess, that CouchDB is reading,
deserialising, serialising, and then streaming the document. But it
doesn't seem like that should be necessary really?