couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Jens Alfke <j...@couchbase.com>
Subject Re: Creating a database with lots of documents and updating a view
Date Thu, 15 Mar 2012 00:32:11 GMT

On Mar 14, 2012, at 4:13 PM, Matthieu Rakotojaona wrote:

But when (and if) you have a reduce function, all the intermediary
rereduce results will have to be updated, right ?

I don’t think so. CouchDB has some clever optimizations where it stores intermediate reduce
results in the b-tree nodes. So I think the only ones that need to be recalculated are the
ones in b-tree nodes that are affected by the insertion, i.e. usually only a few.

—Jens