couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Miles Fidelman <mfidel...@meetinghouse.net>
Subject Re: version control for documents?
Date Fri, 23 Mar 2012 14:00:25 GMT
Simon Metson wrote:
> Hi,
>     I can't think of a library off the top of my head. I think if I
> were you I'd make a document containing editor and timestamp plus the
> attachment for each version (with maybe some master document that
> records metadata common to all versions which you could "join").
>
> If you want to have git like diffing then maybe just use git? ;)

Well... because we're looking to do things with the documents (e.g.,
search, semantic operations on the metadata) that are better done in Couch.

Now if git provided a RESTful API, that would be a different matter.
(As far as I can tell, the only source control system to do so is the
WebDAV interface provided by Subversion).  Now if anyone has integrated
a git backend, with a CouchDB front-end, pointers would be much appreciated!

Miles