couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Brandon <bran...@tsheets.com>
Subject Re: up-to-date couchdb package for ubuntu
Date Fri, 10 Feb 2012 00:51:00 GMT
Paul Hirst <paul.hirst@...> writes:

> I have packaged it in the zeelabs PPA for lucid. It's got some of the debian
patches applied (I think that only
> applies to init scripts or makes it build properly) and a tiny patch of my own
which increases the
> javascript stack size from 20M to 200M. Check the source package to see what
I've included.

> I've only used it in a server environment so I don't know what installing it
might do to desktopcouch stuff.

> I try to keep it as vanilla as possible.

United Kingdom.
> Company Reg No 2096520. VAT Reg No GB 991 2418 08.

Thanks Paul! You have no idea how grateful I am for this. I was about to give up
on CouchDB because there wasn't decent ubuntu packages. The idea of running it
from a build-couchdb folder somewhere in production sounds horrible, and
building from source is great until it's time to upgrade.

Again, I appreciate it.