couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Gabriel De Oliveira Barbosa <manobi.olive...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: why does `/_changes?since=0` return deleted documents?
Date Fri, 24 Feb 2012 16:22:47 GMT
I aways put ._deleted and _design docs in my filters.

Sent from my iPad

On 24/02/2012, at 10:52, Gregor Martynus <gregor@martynus.net> wrote:

> thanks all, I'm using a filter now as Benoit suggested.
>
> My use case is bootstrapping locally cached data after a user signed in to his account.
I'm using /_changes instead of /_all_docs, because I need to filter out some docs and do also
need the `last_seq` attribute so I can start to listen to changes after the bootstrapped.

> I'm not sure if this is the recommended way to go, but it works good so far and is the
simplest solution I could come up with.

> Great weekend everybody!
>
> --
> Gregor Martynus
>

> On Friday, 24. February 2012 at 12:34, Benoit Chesneau wrote:
>
>> On Fri, Feb 24, 2012 at 10:47 AM, Gregor Martynus <gregor@martynus.net (mailto:gregor@martynus.net)>
wrote:
>>> When I understand it right, `/_changes` does not return all changes, only the
ones relevant. So for example when document `my_doc` has been changed 5 times, `/_changes?since=0`
will return only one result for `"id": "my_doc"`.

>>> My question is: why does it return deleted docs? If I ask for everything that
changed since the beginning, I don't need to know that a document existed that has been deleted
meanwhile, do I?