couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Gregor Martynus <gre...@martynus.net>
Subject Re: Hybrid HTML5 WebApp / CouchApp - guidance sought
Date Mon, 27 Feb 2012 11:17:48 GMT
Miles,

I build minutes.io with a similar approach. You can use it when being offline, synchronization
with the couchApp backend is happening in the background.

I don't think there is a library I'd recommend to use for such an architecture, not yet. Maybe
have a look at
https://github.com/mikeal/browsercouch and https://github.com/mikeal/pouchdb

I use backbone.js myself for the frontend and store all data in localStorage, which gets synched
asynchronously using _changes feed and _bulk_docs API. I also use a tiny node.js proxy for
security reasons and for some couchDB tasks like creating User Databases and Replications.

I'm happy to answer any questions if you have any

--
Gregor