couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Dirk Heilig <d...@heilig-online.com>
Subject Howto: "nested result"
Date Tue, 21 Feb 2012 21:39:31 GMT
Hello group,
I've started to build some small test-applications on couchdb, overall
i am really impressed, but i've  got some questions:

lets say i have 3 kinds of objects in my db, lets call them X, Y and Z

every document X contains some data describing it self, and links to a
group of Y documents, just an array with ids

every document Y contains some data describing it self, and links to a
group of Z documents, just an array with ids

to get an document X and all linked documents Y i just use a view
emitting all x with doc._id form x as key and doc as value and for
each linked Y doc._id as key and {_id:doc.X[i]} as value
by using include_docs i am able to revice a tree ob objects X to Y,
same goes for Y and Z. by just selecting a singe key i'am able to get
one X obect and its linked Y's, thats not the problem.

but i would like to get one X object, all linked Y objects and all
linked Z objects, is there any way to do so?

Thanks Dirk