couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Benoit Chesneau <bchesn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: why does `/_changes?since=0` return deleted documents?
Date Fri, 24 Feb 2012 11:34:02 GMT
On Fri, Feb 24, 2012 at 10:47 AM, Gregor Martynus <gregor@martynus.net> wrote:
> When I understand it right, `/_changes` does not return all changes, only the ones relevant.
So for example when document `my_doc` has been changed 5 times, `/_changes?since=0` will return
only one result for `"id": "my_doc"`.

> My question is: why does it return deleted docs? If I ask for everything that changed
since the beginning, I don't need to know that a document existed that has been deleted meanwhile,
do I?

Like &rnewson said.

You can eventually filter the changes feed to not return deleted
document. (which could actually be a pretty nice native filter...)

- benoƮt