couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Dan Smythe <xkeita...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: duplicate lines in futon config screen
Date Wed, 01 Feb 2012 03:47:53 GMT
Yeah, it was just an idea...

You might have to quote the command to run and add some flags to follow
forks/threads.

you might also be able to look at ps output to find the actual binary and
arguments that that startup script (I'm guessing) its executing, and run
that directly.

I opted for the strace route because I figured that the process wouldn't
keep a file handle open very long, so using lsof on the running process
might not show the config files because most likely the process closes the
file handle after reading the config out of it...

Just trying to throw out some ideas for you.

Some other things I would try...

- delete the lines instead of commenting them
- delete the other config file, or rename it
- look around for hidden files with ls -la (if I remember right, couch uses
a lot if hidden files and directories)

Really though, most sure fire way is going to be to get a good strace on
the process and grep out every file open..

If you find that only the config files you know about are read.... Then its
possibly a bug...

Best of luck