couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Mark Hahn <m...@hahnca.com>
Subject Re: Multi User Question
Date Sun, 12 Feb 2012 02:24:46 GMT
I'm doing something similar in one database.  I had to ignore couch's
built-in user system and roll my own.  Couch's built-in permission control
is too limited.  I found it simple to create a doc type of 'user' and save
the doc id in cookies.  Then I keep a list of permissions to other docs in
my user doc.  Then on every access I load the user doc and the use the
permissions to control the db lookups (view keys).  This is no more complex
than what I used to do in mysql.

I know other people have used one db per user, but I found that too
complex.  How would you do replication?