couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Robert Newson <rnew...@apache.org>
Subject Re: why does `/_changes?since=0` return deleted documents?
Date Fri, 24 Feb 2012 10:04:16 GMT
the changes feed is used for replication. It is essential that a
document deleted on A is deleted on B when you replicate A to B.
CouchDB only replicates the latest version of any document, which is
why you will see a document only once, not five times.

The changes feed does not include every change made to the database,
it is a list, in update order, of the current revisions of every
document.

B.

On 24 February 2012 09:47, Gregor Martynus <gregor@martynus.net> wrote:
> When I understand it right, `/_changes` does not return all changes, only the ones relevant.
So for example when document `my_doc` has been changed 5 times, `/_changes?since=0` will return
only one result for `"id": "my_doc"`.

> My question is: why does it return deleted docs? If I ask for everything that changed
since the beginning, I don't need to know that a document existed that has been deleted meanwhile,
do I?