couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Robert Newson <rnew...@apache.org>
Subject Re: proxy authentication handler
Date Thu, 23 Feb 2012 19:28:22 GMT
Michael, the x_ things are the names of http *headers* not query
parameters. What've you missed is that the burden is on the proxy code
to calculate the Auth-Token so that it matches what couchdb would
calculate.

I've worked on something similar recently. The principal differences
are an endpoint to generate this value for you and to include the
roles in the MAC calculation. I can't currently share the code but I
will seek permission to do so. I don't think it's more than an
afternoon's hacking for a competent Erlanger.

B.

On 23 February 2012 19:07, Robert Newson <rnewson@apache.org> wrote:
> I certainly see value in being able to delegate authentication to an
> external service. Shouldn't be difficult.
>
> B.
>
> On 23 February 2012 19:02, Michael Ferjancic
> <michael.ferjancic@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi Paul,
>>
>> thanks for the quick answer. Exactly that is what i want to do - i would like to
use some nodejs-stuff in front to do the authentication and after a successful auth-attempt
 "trust" the session to couchdb (=create the couch cookie)....

>> Cheers
>> Michael
>>
>> Am 23.02.2012 um 19:54 schrieb Paul Davis:

Currently i am trying to play around with the various authentication handlers - goal is to
have a working "delegated authentication" on facebook, twitter and such.

opposite i need - you can use that to create tokens for couch-users, but not to accept twitter
accessTokens/secrets and map that to a couch user
with nodejs, and after that getting the plaintext password from a private couch and use it
with _session-API to create a couch cookie.
authentication. I map the userinfos i get from facebook etc. against user profiles in a private
db, which also contains the user passwords (unfortunately still in plaintext). Works perfectly,
but.....

use proxy_authentification_handler, but it seems i am too stupid to use it. I made the (as
far as i understood) correct entries in couch_httpd_auth

{couch_httpd_auth, default_authentication_handler}

that seems to doesn't lead to anything...

any chance to implement a custom authentication handler without coding erlang?