couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Peng Yu <pengyu...@gmail.com>
Subject How to start couchdb on Mac OS without restarting the machine?
Date Thu, 16 Feb 2012 18:13:49 GMT
Hi,

I'm following the MacPort section on
http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Installing_on_OSX

It says

"$ sudo launchctl load -w
/opt/local/Library/LaunchDaemons/org.apache.couchdb.plist

and it should be up and accessible via Futon at
http://127.0.0.1:5984/_utils/index.html. It should also be restarted
automatically after reboot (because of the -w flag)."

I don't know what is Futon here. But I try to access by a browser. It
doesn't appear to work. Is the service not started? I tried the
following command, but I got the following message. Does anybody know
what I am wrong here? Thanks!

~/Downloads/readnotes$ couchdb
Apache CouchDB 1.1.1 (LogLevel=info) is starting.

=CRASH REPORT==== 16-Feb-2012::12:08:15 ===
  crasher:
    initial call: couch_event_sup:init/1
    pid: <0.78.0>
    registered_name: []
    exception exit: {file_permission_error,
                        "/opt/local/var/log/couchdb/couch.log"}
      in function  gen_server:init_it/6 (gen_server.erl, line 313)
    ancestors: [couch_primary_services,couch_server_sup,<0.31.0>]
    messages: []
    links: [<0.77.0>,<0.6.0>]
    dictionary: []
    trap_exit: false
    status: running
    heap_size: 377
    stack_size: 24
    reductions: 127
  neighbours:

=SUPERVISOR REPORT==== 16-Feb-2012::12:08:15 ===
     Supervisor: {local,couch_primary_services}
     Context:    start_error

Regards,
Peng