couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Stephan Uhle <stephan.u...@gmx.net>
Subject OAuth request_token
Date Sat, 11 Feb 2012 12:37:03 GMT
Hey everybody,

I'm trying to understand (and use) OAuth authentication with couchdb. The documentation on
this is missing... :(
Using google and the couchdb sources, I found out, that the couchdb oauth authentication urls
are:

_oauth/request_token
_oauth/authorize
_oauth/access_token

I have configured an oauth consumer and token like this:

[oauth_consumer_secrets]
localhost = sekr1t
[oauth_token_secrets]
user1 = step
[oauth_token_users]
user1 = step

So now, I want to obtain a request token by calling the _oauth/request_token url:

curl --header 'Authorization:OAuth realm="",oauth_consumer_key="localhost",oauth_token="user1",oauth_version="1.0",oauth_timestamp="1328962239",oauth_nonce="J0S4c1",oauth_signature_method="HMAC-SHA1",oauth_signature="2Y9kL3K9Y9aRDD3MgLlNe3g4Q94%3D"'
http://localhost:5984/_oauth/request_token

the response is:

oauth_token=requestkey&oauth_token_secret=requestsecret

Obviously, the request token is not being generated.
Does this mean, the oauth authentication is not yet (fully) implemented?
Or am I missing something important?

Thanks,
Stephan