couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Lauren Dahlin <ldahli...@simons-rock.edu>
Subject Re: VERY Basic Question
Date Wed, 15 Feb 2012 14:37:37 GMT
First, does anyone have any very simple resources for learning how to
use views? Coming from a limited SQL background, I'm so confused. What
I am really having trouble with is how to query subvalues. (Also, is
"subvalue" the right word?) For example, say I have:
{ "_id" : "bc2a41170621c326ec68382f846d5764", "_rev" : "2612672603",
"item" : "apple", "prices" : { "Fresh Mart" : 1.59, "Price Max" :
5.99, "Apples Express" : 0.79 } }
(example from http://answers.oreilly.com/topic/1396-running-a-couchdb-query-using-mapreduce/)
How would I only return the price associated with "Fresh Mart" for
every ID containing a Freshmart price?

Second of all, I wanted to thank Manokaran K for pointing me in the
right direction. I don't know how many Amazon datasets are in couchdb
(who knows, it might only be the one I'm interested in), but in case
any other people are searching for how to get access to an Amazon
public dataset in couchdb over EC2, I thought I would post what was
successful for me. I tried to change the default directory in
local.ini to where I had mounted the volume, but this resulted in
couchdb hanging indefinitely at the startup. I ended up mounting the
volume into the default directory and then using chown to change
permissions on the directory to couchdb. This worked for me.