couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Michael Ferjancic <michael.ferjan...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: proxy authentication handler
Date Fri, 24 Feb 2012 06:58:30 GMT
Hey Bob,

i guess the sentence "an afternoon's hacking for a competent Erlanger" means for me about
one year work :-D Auth-Token calculation is hmac-sha1 of secret key and username as far as
i undestood - i will take a look if that can be done also in nodejs (i guess i will be much
faster doing this than learning Erlang ;-)

Thanks again
Michael

Am 23.02.2012 um 20:28 schrieb Robert Newson:

> Michael, the x_ things are the names of http *headers* not query
> parameters. What've you missed is that the burden is on the proxy code
> to calculate the Auth-Token so that it matches what couchdb would
> calculate.
>
> I've worked on something similar recently. The principal differences
> are an endpoint to generate this value for you and to include the
> roles in the MAC calculation. I can't currently share the code but I
> will seek permission to do so. I don't think it's more than an
> afternoon's hacking for a competent Erlanger.
>
> B.
>
> On 23 February 2012 19:07, Robert Newson <rnewson@apache.org> wrote:
>> I certainly see value in being able to delegate authentication to an
>> external service. Shouldn't be difficult.
>>
>> B.
>>
>> On 23 February 2012 19:02, Michael Ferjancic
>> <michael.ferjancic@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hi Paul,
>>>
>>> thanks for the quick answer. Exactly that is what i want to do - i would like
to use some nodejs-stuff in front to do the authentication and after a successful auth-attempt
 "trust" the session to couchdb (=create the couch cookie)....

>>> Cheers
>>> Michael

erlang. Currently i am trying to play around with the various authentication handlers - goal
is to have a working "delegated authentication" on facebook, twitter and such.

the opposite i need - you can use that to create tokens for couch-users, but not to accept
twitter accessTokens/secrets and map that to a couch user
twitter with nodejs, and after that getting the plaintext password from a private couch and
use it with _session-API to create a couch cookie.
delegated authentication. I map the userinfos i get from facebook etc. against user profiles
in a private db, which also contains the user passwords (unfortunately still in plaintext).
Works perfectly, but.....

to use proxy_authentification_handler, but it seems i am too stupid to use it. I made the
(as far as i understood) correct entries in couch_httpd_auth

cookie_authentication_handler}, {couch_httpd_auth, default_authentication_handler}

that seems to doesn't lead to anything...

any chance to implement a custom authentication handler without coding erlang?