couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Jim Klo <jim....@sri.com>
Subject Re: Are CouchDB filters limited to the _changes feed?
Date Sun, 29 Jan 2012 21:39:37 GMT
I could see it as a bad idea in that views usually have a different collation from the changes
feed. Views also can emit more than 1 key/value per doc, which I'm not sure how that works
with filters.  I suppose it's possible, but you'd still have to follow the changes sequence,
but when applying the map function, you replicate only the id emitted once.

- Jim

Sent from my iPad