couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Jason Sachs <jmsa...@gmail.com>
Subject couchdb futon: IE7 / IE8 support?
Date Fri, 13 Jan 2012 18:55:16 GMT
I'm having a great time using couchdb (CouchBase single server 1.2.0
<- CouchDB 1.1.0) under Firefox + Chrome + Opera, but one of my
coworkers tried to view our database via Futon on IE8, and got this
error:

Message: Expected identifier, string or number
Line: 1280
Char: 3
Code: 0
URI: http://dpeserver/couchdb/_utils/script/futon.browse.js?0.11.0

Message: Object expected
Line: 34
Char: 7
Code: 0
URI: http://dpeserver/couchdb/_utils/document.html?dpe-dsp-out/fd64ea4037d011e1b667002186ff4bce

Message: Object doesn't support this property or method
Line: 208
Char: 18
Code: 0
URI: http://dpeserver/couchdb/_utils/script/futon.js?0.11.0

---

I've found lots of little snippets on the internet that discuss this
kind of thing, but no one webpage that says something like "CouchDB
doesn't support IE7 or IE8. Unofficially, some of the problems are
with the Arrays.indexOf and Arrays.forEach methods, which can be fixed
by inserting ... at the top of futon.js "

If there is something out there of this type, could someone please
point me to it?

If not, could those knowledgeable souls of you please fill me in? (I
can't find a searchable interface to the archives of this mailing
list, unfortunately, so apologies if this has been asked before)

--Jason