couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Pete Vander Giessen <pet...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Occasional corrupt request
Date Wed, 11 Jan 2012 17:04:01 GMT
Hi Jason,

On Wed, Jan 11, 2012 at 12:55 AM, Jason Smith <jhs@iriscouch.com> wrote:
> Hi, Pete. Does this error happen only (or mostly) when your request to
> couch contains a body? Is it impossible to reproduce using CouchDB
> 1.0? Does it happen most often when attempting a privileged operation
> which you are not permitted to do? Are you able to run a packet
> capture like tcpdump and confirm if couch is sending any RST packets
> to the client?

To answer your questions: Possibly; I haven't tried; I don't believe
so; I'm having trouble reproducing in my dev environment while running
useful stuff like tcpdump (the errors tend to come up in embarrassing
situations like on the CEO's computer while we're demonstrating
software; I have logs showing the Python tracebacks, but I don't have
a tcpdump of the problem actually happening.)

> If the answer is "no" then, sorry, I myself haven't seen that yet. My
> standard tool for this type of problem is tcpdump, FWIW.

tcpdump is definitely good stuff. Now if I can only get the problem to
show itself while I'm monitoring it ...

Thank you,

~ PeteVG