couchdb-user mailing list archives

From CGS <cgsmcml...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: new ReferenceError(options is not defined)
Date Tue, 31 Jan 2012 23:39:01 GMT
I don't know what you did there, but it seems there is an interaction in
between node and couch in which couch catches 'new ReferenceError(options
is not defined)' (it may be that node returns this error to couch via JS,
but really no idea because I don't know what you did there). From the
error, Erlang catches a JS engine error which is reported that way. How and
where, I don't know without more info.

The first part of the error:

[error] [<0.7533.1>] OS Process Error <0.7546.1> :: {<<"unnamed_error">>,

suggested the error caught by Erlang from JS engine, while the second part:

<<"(new ReferenceError(\"options is not defined\", \"\"))">>}

is the JS engine report for that error (which is translated like: "the
'options' variable/element... is not defined", meaning, either something
happened within that variable which provoked the crash, or the variable is
not recognized by the environment). From what you gave us, the only place
containing "options" variable is line 6 from your node code. That's why I
made that connection. If you have somewhere else "options", there are
chances that there could be the problem. But, as I said, more than
interpreting the error, I cannot say for sure it's like that because I have
no idea what you did there and, more than that, I don't know node.

Sorry, but more than that I am not able to help you with my knowledge in
this moment. If that is not enough info, please, accept my apologies for
interfering.

CGS