couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Paul Davis <paul.joseph.da...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Updating Fields
Date Mon, 30 Jan 2012 19:33:43 GMT
You'll probably have better luck writing a new document that says
"user X likes Y" and then writing a view that lists users for Y. Bonus
is that a second view gives you Y's for X's.

On Mon, Jan 30, 2012 at 12:38 PM, Jon Morehouse <morehousej09@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>        I'm fairly new to Couchdb and was wondering if anyone had any advice on using
documents to hold information that is continuously updated. For example, I'm looking into
a content management system and each document will have various fields, maybe a link, some
text etc etc. However, I want to track whether each user "likes" this document or not. I simply
want to have a field that is a list of all the users who have liked this field.

> How would I continually update this field while keeping all of the other parts of my
post? Is it efficient to simply add the fields with a "getdoc" in my php? Any help would be
greatly appreciated,