couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Benoit Chesneau <bchesn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: limiting concurrent logins (was: looking for couchapp examples for managing user authentification)
Date Tue, 24 Jan 2012 04:27:10 GMT
2012/1/19 Ted Zlatanov <tzz@lifelogs.com>:
> This discussion about user authentication was very helpful.  I had a
> question based on that discussion.
>
> I am using CouchDB+couchapp and happy with them.  A requirement came up
> to limit a particular reader user's concurrent logins to a single
> CouchDB node (the limit is 1 in my case).  Is this possible without
> resorting to extra application logic and extra records to manage these
> logins, or an external login registration service?
>
> Thanks!
> Ted

If concurrent login means connection from differents devices with the
same login,  this isn't actually quite possible insitde couchdb except
by having your own auth .
handler.

However if you mean by concurrent logins, same login in different tabs
of the browser, you can easily handle it using either cookie auth or
by setting a cookie once a user has been authenticated.

- benoit