couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Dave Cottlehuber <d...@muse.net.nz>
Subject Re: CouchBase discontinues Single Server: now what?
Date Wed, 04 Jan 2012 20:42:16 GMT
On 4 January 2012 16:08, Jason Sachs <jmsachs@gmail.com> wrote:
> CouchBase just recently announced that they were discontinuing Single
> Server. (http://www.couchbase.com/products-and-services/couchbase-single-server)
>
> This seems to leave CouchDB without a place to obtain prepackaged
> binaries for the major OSs (Windows/OSX/major Linux variants). The
> wiki (http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Installing_on_Windows) cites 3
> sources of binaries: Couchbase and two other individuals' sites which
> haven't been updated since fall 2010.

Yes, if you deliberately ignore the first 4 links you will get the
older versions…

I will make the wiki more clear, however I didn't want to remove others
contributions from the wiki; the process I use for building CouchDB on
Windows draws heavily on Mark's original patches & contributions, and
Juhani's fixes for a critical issue in Erlang/OTP.

As Adam's pointed out we are working on improving how these all hang
together on the couchdb.org website.

I'd love to see some people offer to help with packaging and testing. At
least from a Windows perspective the minimum requires 4h to set up
your environment, and about ~ 1h per release to build & test. I'd feel a lot
more comfortable knowing people other than me have tested it.

A+
Dave