couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Zachary Zolton <zachary.zol...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Managing Couch Log File
Date Thu, 05 Jan 2012 19:48:27 GMT
Kevin,

The short answer is that different operating systems have their own
systems for managing log files.

The slightly longer answer is that the CouchDB source distribution
comes with an example logrotate daemon configuration file. If you're
using an Ubuntu/Debian server, you could do much worse than just
copying the example file to /etc/logrotate.d/couchdb and perhaps
tweaking from there.

Cheers,

Zach