couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Mark Hahn <m...@hahnca.com>
Subject atomic action on replicated dbs?
Date Tue, 10 Jan 2012 00:35:50 GMT
I want to have multiple processes accessing multiple replicated servers.  I
want a process to be able to pull a waiting task out of the db.  I don't
want two processes to start work on the same task.

Can someone suggest a design pattern to do this?  The algorithms I can
think of are pretty messy and hard to prove are reliable.

If I loosen the requirements so that two can start and then one is aborted,
the problem is easier but I would like to avoid that.  Also I don't think
it makes provability any easier.