couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Rao Venugopal <ven...@gmail.com>
Subject Couchdb real world deployment white papers
Date Thu, 19 Jan 2012 22:42:59 GMT
Hi

Are there any published case studies/white papers of large companies using
Couchdb in the wild?

My company is in the planning stages of building a project like
collaborative application where multiple users can collaborate on a single
project.  I am presuming that in this scenario, I would have to create a
database per owner per project "OwnerName_projectname" roles of the
collaborators defined in the /db/_security.

Despite reading documentation that databases are just file descriptors and
a single instance can handle millions of databases, my team-mates are
skeptical.  So I am hoping to show them case studies that Couchdb can scale.
Any case study would help but I would prefer case studies for a
collaborative environment.

Thanks
-Venu