couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Randall Leeds <randall.le...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ANN] Debian Packaging and PPA for Ubuntu
Date Sat, 14 Jan 2012 22:08:23 GMT
On Sat, Jan 14, 2012 at 11:22, Robert Newson <rnewson@apache.org> wrote:
> Randall,
>
> You could consider stealing some of my scripting around pbuilder in
> order to build packages for squeeze, lucid, maverick, natty and
> oneiric for both 32-bit and 64-bit servers in one go. It's also quite
> possible to write a much better script. :)
>
> https://github.com/cloudant/packages/blob/master/debian/build

Thanks. I've actually got sbuild with LVM snapshots set up. So I
should be able to create a chroot snapshot for older distributions.

> B.
>
> On 14 January 2012 15:04, Tim Kuijsten <info@netsend.nl> wrote:
>> Very nice, just wanted to install on a new server but I see you don't
>> support the latest LTS. Are you planning to build packages for 10.04?

I think it'd be nice to support the latest LTS always. It doesn't look
too hard. I'll see what I can do once I get more feedback that this
package isn't terrible.
Please, if anyone gets a chance to test the install let me know.

-Randall