couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Randall Leeds <randall.le...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Help installing CouchDB on Ubuntu
Date Fri, 20 Jan 2012 22:33:38 GMT
The Ubuntu instructions are the wiki are incredible difficult to
follow because things have changed in the Ubuntu repositories, mostly
around SpiderMonkey, and it's really hard to communicate it all in the
wiki. I've tried and I've edited that page a number of times but I
know there are problems... I'll comb back through it. Sorry for that.

I wish I had caught this thread earlier, but if you wouldn't mind
testing out my PPA for Ubuntu, that would be great. It should install
1.1.1 on any Natty with no trouble.

$ apt-get install python-software-properties             <- needed for
next command
$ apt-add-repository ppa:randall-leeds/couchdb
$ apt-get install couchdb
$ update-rc.d couchdb defaults     <- start at startup

I haven't put this on the wiki because I haven't received feedback yet
from people tell me it worked for them.

-Randall