couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Noah Slater <nsla...@tumbolia.org>
Subject Re: The Future
Date Fri, 06 Jan 2012 21:13:36 GMT
I have drafted a few responses to this.

At the core of all of them is one central point. This has nothing to do
with our consensus based approach. I find it frustrating that Damien
mentioned the Apache consensus based model as a concern, when to the best
of my knowledge he has not had any problems getting any feature he wants in
to CouchDB. I find it even more frustrating that you've used this as an
excuse to trot out your favorite hobby horse. Most people are aware of your
problems with Apache, but I don't think it's very helpful to bring them up
now, when they are tangental at best.

I do, however, agree that CouchDB could do with a bit more leadership. I
think we could do with being a bit more bold. Back in the old days, Jan
used to say it was easier to ask forgiveness than it was to ask permission.
I think that these days, we're too busy asking for permission most of the
time. I agree that there needs to be an attitude change within our ranks.
Be bold people! That's what I'll be doing with the website, shortly.