couchdb-user mailing list archives

From <matthew-m.r...@ubs.com>
Subject RE: Unable to install
Date Thu, 26 Jan 2012 09:01:41 GMT
Do you have universe packages turned on?

http://packages.ubuntu.com/oneiric/couchdb

Matt

-----Original Message-----
From: rigaux.phil@gmail.com [mailto:rigaux.phil@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Philippe Rigaux
Sent: 26 January 2012 08:56
To: user@couchdb.apache.org
Subject: Re: Unable to install

Believe me, I tried a lot of things ....

sudo aptitude install couchdb
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Reading extended state information
Initializing package states... Done
Building tag database... Done
Couldn't find any package whose name or description matched "couchdb"

Thanks anyway

2012/1/26 CGS <cgsmcmlxxv@gmail.com>

> Why don't you try CouchDB from Ubuntu repository? (sudo aptitude
> install
> couchdb)
>
> CGS
>

> On Thu, Jan 26, 2012 at 9:43 AM, Philippe Rigaux <
> philippe.rigaux@internetmemory.net> wrote:
> >
> > Hello there,
> >
> > I tried desperately to install CouchDB on my Ubuntu server, and I
> > run
> into
> > too many problems. Buil-couch fails
> > with the following command:
> >
> > /root/bin/git submodule update
> > Initialized empty Git repository in
> > /usr/local/bin/build-couchdb/dependencies/couchdb/.git/
> > Cannot get remote repository information.
> > Perhaps git-update-server-info needs to be run there?
> > Clone of 'https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/couchdb.git' into
> > submodule path 'dependencies/couchdb' failed
> >

> > I cannot install from source either. A new version of Erlang
> > (R13B03)
> needs
> > to be installed, and it fails miserably as well.
> >
> > make[3]: Entering directory `/usr/local/src/otp_src_R14B03/lib/hipe/rtl'
> > erlc -W  +debug_info +inline -o../ebin hipe_rtl.erl
> > pthread/ethr_event.c:98: Fatal error in wait__(): Function not
> implemented
> > (38)
> > make[3]: *** [../ebin/hipe_rtl.beam] Aborted
> >
> > I do not give all the details regarding the various packages,
> dependencies,
> > and versions discrepancies I had to solve before that. So I am
> > stuck. Any help would be appreciated. And thanks a lot for your
> > efforts (but having
> > distribution relying on more stable softwares would be welcome).
> >
> > Best,
> >
> > Philippe Rigaux

Visit our website at http://www.ubs.com

for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you
should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please

E-mails are not encrypted and cannot be guaranteed to be secure or
contents of this message which arise as a result of e-mail transmission.
If verification is required please request a hard-copy version. This
construed as a solicitation or offer to buy or sell any securities
or related financial instruments.

UBS Limited is a company limited by shares incorporated in the United
Kingdom registered in England and Wales with number 2035362.
Registered office: 1 Finsbury Avenue, London EC2M 2PP.  UBS Limited
is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority.

UBS AG is a public company incorporated with limited liability in
Switzerland domiciled in the Canton of Basel-City and the Canton of
Zurich respectively registered at the Commercial Registry offices in
those Cantons with Identification No: CH-270.3.004.646-4 and having
respective head offices at Aeschenvorstadt 1, 4051 Basel and
Bahnhofstrasse 45, 8001 Zurich, Switzerland.  Registered in the
United Kingdom as a foreign company with No: FC021146 and having a
UK Establishment registered at Companies House, Cardiff, with No:
BR 004507.  The principal office of UK Establishment: 1 Finsbury Avenue,
London EC2M 2PP.  In the United Kingdom, UBS AG is authorised and
regulated by the Financial Services Authority.

UBS reserves the right to retain all messages. Messages are protected
and accessed only in legally justified cases.