couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Jon Morehouse <Morehouse...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: best practice for dynamic content
Date Tue, 31 Jan 2012 17:55:31 GMT
What I'm doing is assembling my code server side with php and passing it to views which are
loaded on event functions with javascript. For instance, I'm working on an application that
has articles, songs, videos etc so what I'm doing is getting my information from couchdb and
depending upon a type field passing it to different views which then would be loaded. It really
depends on your application though, because my situation deals with a chat like function where
you are only adding one or two divs at a time. If you were adding several divs at a time then
maybe it would be advisable to do a loop in your view function to recreate the information.

Hope this helps

Jon Morehouse
Moeller High School Class of 2009
Pepperdine University 2009-2010
University of Southern California Class of 2013

On Jan 31, 2012, at 9:47 AM, john.tiger wrote:

> is it better practice to :
> 1) put most div's in index.html - then hide with css display:none - then display:block
/ display:none with view events