couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Uday Jarajapu <uday.jaraj...@opower.com>
Subject Couchdb error when posting document - 413 Request entity too large
Date Tue, 17 Jan 2012 23:04:05 GMT

We have been using Couchdb for close to two years now to store our performance test results
(jmeter, ruby) and like it a lot for its ease of use and flexibility. Thanks for a product
that is powerful and easy to use.

Recently, we migrated to a new co-location facility and moved our couchDB during that process.
Ever since that move, we have started receiving a weird error message from CouchDB that says
'413 Request entity too large' when we try to post our test result documents to the new location.
What makes it weirder is that it works for smaller load tests. It fails when we try to post
documents larger than 3.4 MB.

We noticed that the max_document_size has been set to 4,294,967,296 (defaults to 4.2G) and
the max_attachment_chunk_size has been set to the same value (4.2G) as well. I could not identify
any other configuration parameters that might be causing the problem.

Have any of you have run into this problem before? what might the source of this problem be?
What would the fix for it be?

Uday